Wednesday, August 1, 2007

A Start for the Sons Around Me

Philly man, the place I grew up. A beautiful city with every kind of person you could ever want to meet. Philly, the city of brotherly love, the city that loves you back, the city of cheesesteaks, cheese whizz, and tastykakes is slowly killing off its sons. Brings tears to my eyes when I think of how many men, boys just men, have left with burning holes in their flesh. For what? Whew, how does anyone narrow that one down. I'm say guns. There's a great song by a folk singer named Holly Near where she says all the things that could've made things so bad, and even after all the politicians and birth defects and school funding cuts are out on the table, she says the thing she'd get rid are the Guns. Guns. Standardized by a man named Colt to kill the masses, I mean supply at a higher rate of production. Guns, the first industry with interchangeable parts. For what? Nothing, unless you're hunting bears with your .357. Your gun can't keep you warm late at night. Can't make sure you've got all the nutrients you need to be healthy. Won't stop someone from hitting you with their car. Don't do anything, really. But they have a nostalgia. From World War movies, Westerns, to action packed endeavors worth hundreds of millions we've gotten this device implanted into our brain, right with sex and sugar. Like that would feel better to make love with, or would cool me off more than the popsicle in my freezer. Anyway brothers, I'm not interested in letting anything replace me in the sack. I can't say I'm anything but a spectator looking in. I'm no expert, and if I were to get into it, call me a medic, or a sage cause the oldheads know a different way and I've been listening to them my whole life, so why aren't you? You think hiding under your pillow after someone goes down is gonna make you more money in the long run? If I were to speak with the dead, I'm sure they'd want people to know they weren't ready to die. That now that they've passed they see how different it could be, had they not been in like that. That they can see the other way, and it's so much more wonderful than anything they had imagined before they had the opportunity to feel it. Then we've got the whole campaign of putting down the guns. Man, that's easy for me, I don't have one. But what if you do carry a gun? I'm not gonna tell you have to put it down, if it makes you feel (opportune word,here) feel safer. Listen, though. It's time we change the code. If another innocent loses their life, if you think people are gonna look up to you, that you'll be more of a man for being able to kill someone, after reading this, I hold no responsibility for what you go through. You have a lot to learn and to learn you're gonna have to make some time for someone to help you. Guns, man, the code at the highest continues to relieve stress on the masses from genocide and annihilation. In the world of hustling and raising funds, the goal should be making money, not buying death. You raise a network, count all the money you could be make. The larger the network, the more money everyone can make. You do it from your block and shoot out the block next to you, y'all got a war and cops and nobody making as much money as they should. Man, fuck that bullshit. Make that money, make sure you ain't got no cops on you and you'll go on forever. It's dumb letting someone destroy your empire before it even gets started. Especially if you have to look back on from jail and realize that now your work is for all the young brothers who can win this War, For Real. We've got look outs, I don't bother with the whole networking, but change the code from just me to all people. You make more money the more people you can include in what you do, you loose everything when you cut death into the network. I know the idea of power is strong on this force. But, I don't need to touch on that, when power just dictates that I listen to what you need. I have enough power to do that. I'm all ears. When you leave, make sure to close the door and don't forget what we've talked about, I won't.

No comments: